This autumn veggie recipe combines sausage, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts into a warm, filling meal. Plus – minimal prep and minimal clean-up!Jump to Recipe
I don’t know about you, but I feel like it’s been summer for about 12 years. It probably doesn’t help that I live in a city with the official slogan “Famously Hot!”. I mean, is that really something to promote? Come to our city, where you’ll melt before you can make it to your car!
Even though it was 100° a couple of days ago, today it’s actually starting to feel like fall. It’s been cloudy so the light has more of that “fall” quality and I’ve needed a jacket in the mornings. So, I’m going to run with it. I’m ready for fall to get started!
As soon as the weather starts to cool off, I start thinking about soups, casseroles, and warm comfort foods. This recipe is autumn veggie packed, so it definitely hits the spot when it comes to satisfying those fall food cravings. Don’t worry, though – this healthy recipe won’t add a lot of winter padding. This tray bake uses veggies that are available year-round at Trader Joe’s, so don’t feel like you have to wait for fall to hit your area, if you’re unlucky enough to still be waiting. The sweetness of the sweet potatoes balances the bitterness of the brussels sprouts perfectly, and the sausage adds just a hint of spiciness. Plus, it makes enough to load your plate and still have plenty leftover for lunch the next day. I hope you like this as much as I did!
Autumn Veggie Tray Bake
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and Cubed
- 1 Bag of Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, Broken Into Florets
- 1 Package of Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage, Sliced
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Place sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower on a baking sheet. Do not crowd the veggies – use two baking sheets if you need to. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, according to your tastes. Toss the veggies to coat. Place on the bottom rack and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir the veggies a bit. Spread the sausage over the veggies, return the baking sheet to the bottom rack of your oven, and bake for another 20 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
Make sure you can find this recipe again by clicking the Pinterest button below and pinning it to your Easy Dinner Recipes board.