This easy Chai Spiced Banana Bread enhances the classic quick bread with the warm and comforting flavors of a chai latte.Jump to Recipe
It’s time for another Trader Joe’s Hack! This time we’ll be turning the Banana Bread Mix into something extra special.
I’ve had a love affair with chai lattes ever since they hit the menu at Starbucks. In fact, one of my favorite treats is my own homemade version – a chai teabag steeped in a warmed mug of milk with a good squirt of honey. There’s just something about the mix of cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger that is warming and comforting.
This recipe uses Trader Joe’s Chai Tea Concentrate to bring the joy of a chai latte to a loaf of banana bread. The result is a beautifully spiced, moist loaf of bread.
I’ve seen some complaints that the Trader Joe’s Banana Bread mix that forms the base of this recipe does not have much banana flavor. I’ve added a ripe banana to this recipe that more than takes care of that issue.
What You’ll Need for Chai Spiced Banana Bread
- 1 Box of Trader Joe’s Banana Bread Mix
- 1 Bottle of Trader Joe’s Chai Tea Concentrate
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 2 Eggs
- 8″ Loaf Pan
- For the best banana flavor, you want to use a well-ripened banana. Choose one whose peel is a deep yellow and has plenty of brown speckling.
- Stir the batter just until the dry ingredients are mixed in. Over stirring quick breads will cause the finished loaf to be tough.
Chai Spiced Banana Bread
- Large Bowl
- 8" Loaf Pan
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¾ Cup Trader Joe's Chai Tea Concentrate
- 1 Ripe Banana, Mashed
- 1 Box Trader Joe's Banana Bread Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add chai tea concentrate and mashed banana and mix well. Add banana bread mix and mix until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning the loaf out onto a cooling rack and cooling completely.
Don’t lose this recipe! Click the Pinterest button below and save this post to your Bread Recipes board.