This Easy Apple Crisp recipe uses granola for a quick-to-make topping. Only 15 minutes of hands-on time gives you a delicious dessert!Jump to Recipe
I’m all about easy dinner recipes, so I certainly don’t want to put a lot of effort into dessert. You don’t need to buy something pre-made at the store just to save time, though. This apple dessert comes together super quickly thanks to a granola topping. No cutting butter into flour here! The granola bakes up nice and crispy and is a perfect balance to the juicy apple filling.
Trader Joe’s has many granola options to choose from. My favorite to use in this recipe is the Pecan Praline granola, but for an extra appley treat, top the apples with the Caramel Apple flavored granola. Or you could use the Peanut Butter Protein granola for a PB&J vibe.
This is a great recipe that complements any dinner and even works great for Thanksgiving or holiday celebrations. You’ll find yourself making this again and again!
What You’ll Need for Easy Apple Crisp
- 6 crisp apples
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s granola
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 lemon (you’ll only need half)
- Unsalted butter
- Large bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Skillet, deep pie dish, or 9 x 9 baking dish
- Peeler or paring knife if peeling the apples
- Sharp chef’s knife
- I like Granny Smith apples in pies and other apple deserts. I find the tartness is a great balance to the sweetness from the sugar. You can use whatever apple is your favorite as long as it holds up well to cooking.
- Trader Joe’s prices their apples per item instead of per pound. To get the most for my money, I always try to buy the biggest apples I can find. If your apples are large, use fewer; if your apples are small, use more. You want the apples to generously fill your baking vessel.
- Dried fruit can be added to the apple mixture to give this apple crisp endless flavor variations.
- I prefer my apples peeled, but if you like the peels left on, feel free to do so!
- This is delicious on its own or served with vanilla ice cream.
Easy Apple Crisp
- 4 – 6 Apples, Peeled or Unpeeled and Cut into ½ inch Slices (See tips above)
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 Cups Granola
- 3 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter, Melted
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour mixture into an oven-safe skillet or 9" x 9" baking dish.
- Top with the granola.
- Drizzle the melted butter all over the surface. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the crisp is bubbling and the apples are tender.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Don’t lose this recipe! Click the Pinterest button below and save this post to your Dessert Recipes board.