Take leftover chicken to new heights with a few simple ingredients. This easy chicken salad recipe is great for quick lunches any time of the year.Jump to Recipe
Sometimes I’m smart and make extra servings of our dinner. That way I have ingredients on hand the next day for a quick and easy lunch.
This Easy Chicken Salad recipe is a perfect use for any extra chicken you might have tucked away in the fridge. Whether you’re using leftover rotisserie chicken or extra oven-baked chicken breasts, you can have lunch ready in minutes. Just throw together a few ingredients, stir, and enjoy!
What You’ll Need to Make Easy Chicken Salad
- Cooked Chicken
- Red Onion
- Large Bowl
- You can serve this chicken salad on bread as a sandwich or serve it in lettuce cups or on top of a tossed salad.
- If you serve this over a salad, I suggest dressing the salad very simply so there is no competition with the flavor of the chicken salad. A drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon should be more than enough.
- This chicken salad recipe can be prepared ahead of time. It will keep in the refrigerator for about a week. I do not recommend freezing it, though.
- You can make this chicken salad Whole30 compliant by using a sugar-free mayonnaise, such as Primal Kitchen’s Avocado Oil Mayo or Chosen Foods Mayo.
Easy Chicken Salad
- Large Bowl
- 2½ Cups Cooked Chicken, Shredded or Cubed About 2 Breasts
- ½ Cup Diced Apple About ½ of a Small Apple
- ¼ Cup Diced Red Onion
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise Use Sugar-Free if Doing a Whole30
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- Salt, To Taste
- Pepper, To Taste
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the salt and pepper, to a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.