This Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole is great for holiday breakfasts or you can make it over the weekend for easy grab-and-go meals all week.Jump to Recipe
This breakfast casserole recipe is so delicious and so easy! It’s my go-to for Christmas and Easter mornings, but I don’t just save it for special occasions. It’s great to make while you have extra time over the weekend and then you can just grab a square on your way out the door during the week.
Full of sausage, eggs, cheese, and hashbrowns, this easy casserole is super filling. As a bonus, it can be put together the night before, stored in the refrigerator overnight, and popped in the oven in the morning to make life even easier. I think you’ll really love this Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole.
What You’ll Need to Make Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Hashbrown Patties
- Pre-cooked Chicken Sausage (I prefer the Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage from Trader Joe’s)
- Shredded Cheddar
- Milk (Dairy or Non-dairy)
- 9 x 13 Baking Dish
- If you prep the casserole the night before, you’ll need to cook it for less time since the hashbrowns will no longer be frozen. Start checking for doneness at 30 minutes.
- You can prepare the egg mixture in a blender on its lowest speed run just until everything is combined. Do not over-blend, though, or the eggs will separate into layers as the casserole bakes.
- You can grate your own cheddar or you can use pre-shredded to save even more time.
- This recipe works great with both cow’s milk or non-dairy milk substitutes.
- You can make this casserole Whole30 compliant by using a sausage that has no added sugar, using your favorite non-dairy milk, and omitting the cheese. It will still taste amazing!
Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 9 x 13 Baking Dish
- Large Bowl
- 1 Package Frozen Hashbrown Patties
- 12 Ounce Package of Fully Cooked Chicken Sausage, Cubed
- 2 Cups Milk
- 9 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 6 Ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 9 x 13" baking dish.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange the hashbrown patties in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish. You may need to cut some patties in half to fit them in.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until the yolks and whites are well combined. Whisk in the milk, salt, and pepper. Alternatively, you can combine all of these ingredients in a blender on its lowest speed. *See Tips*
- Scatter the sausage and cheese over the hashbrowns evenly.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over everything.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle of the casserole.
If you’ve made this recipe, let me know in the comments. I’d love to know how it turned out!
Don’t lose this recipe! Click the Pinterest button below and save this post to your Breakfast Recipes board.