This easy vegetarian Roasted Vegetable Salad recipe makes for a healthy lunch or dinner. Roasted vegetables combine with edamame to create an entree salad that is sure to please!Jump to Recipe
I love roasted vegetables!
Roasting concentrates the sweetness in root vegetables and does something magical with their texture that makes them a joy to eat.
I first had a salad similar to this when we lived in Richmond. Whenever we went downtown, we stopped off at a small local grocery store called Elwood Thompson’s. It was there, on their salad/hot bar that I was introduced to using roasted vegetables in a cold salad.
When we moved to South Carolina, I knew I had to come up with my own version of the Elwood Thompson’s salad I had come to love. And thus was born my Roasted Vegetable Salad!
This healthy vegetarian recipe comes together quickly and most of the work is done by your oven. So kick back and enjoy yourself for 30 minutes since you know a delicious lunch or dinner is on its way.
What You’ll Need for Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 3 Large Waxy Potatoes (I prefer Yukon Gold)
- Frozen Edamame
- Sesame Goddess Dressing
- Large Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Waxy potatoes work best for this recipe. You’ll want to look for red potatoes, Yukon Gold potatoes, etc. Idaho potatoes are on the starchy side and don’t work as well here.
- Make sure you get a sesame based goddess dressing and not green goddess dressing. I use Trader Joe’s Goddess dressing, but Annie’s also makes a delicious version.
- Make sure to use a sheet pan that is large enough to accommodate all of the vegetables without crowding them. If you squeeze them in too close together, the vegetables will steam instead of roasting.
- This salad can be made ahead and stored covered in the refrigerator. If you don’t want to serve it cold, allow it to come to room temperature before serving.
Roasted Vegetable Salad
- Large Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Large Bowl
- 3 Large Waxy Potatoes, Cubed (About 5 Cups)
- 2 Cups Peeled and Cubed Carrots
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 Ounce Package of Frozen, Peeled Edamame, Thawed
- ⅓ Cup Sesame Goddess Dressing (See Tips)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the potatoes and carrots to the lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss together until well coated. Spread the vegetables evenly across the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine the roasted vegetables with the edamame and goddess dressing in a large bowl. Stir until all of the ingredients are well mixed. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust as necessary.
- Serve warm, room temperature, or cold.
Looking for more inspiration? Here are some more recipes you might like:
- Autumn Veggie Tray Bake
- Warm Harvest Salad with Cranberries and Pecans
- Sweet Potato Hash with Sausage
- Cajun Cauliflower Rice
Don’t lose this recipe! Click the Pinterest button below and save this post to your Salads board.