Eggs, onions, and peppers come together in this delicious Southwestern Frittata. This easy and healthy meal comes together quickly – perfect for busy days!Jump to Recipe
Don’t be fooled – just because a frittata has eggs in it doesn’t mean you can’t have it any time of the day. You can make this frittata recipe for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and can be guaranteed a delicious meal in a snap.
I was looking for something quick and easy – but still healthy – to throw together for dinner the other night and came up with this Southwestern Frittata. It uses ingredients I always seem to have on hand so it’s great when you need a meal and don’t have time to make it to the store.
Frittatas are a great way to pull together a meal in a hurry. Everything cooks in one pan and you can get it all done in about 30 minutes, tops. And after a long, busy day, who wants to spend ages in the kitchen? I sure don’t!
What You’ll Need to Make Southwestern Frittata
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 Jalepeno
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 4 Links of Chicken Sausage
- Chili Powder
- 6 Eggs
- I normally make this with Trader Joe’s Spicy Jalapeno Chicken Sausage, but if you use their Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage, this frittata is Whole30 compliant.
- A cast-iron skillet is best for this recipe in order to keep sticking to a minimum.
- This frittata makes for great leftovers. Store wedges in a sealed container for up to a week and reheat in the microwave.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, Minced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced or Crushed
- 4 Links Cooked Chicken Sausage, Cubed
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Pepper, to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Add the olive oil, peppers, and onion to an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and sausage and continue to saute until the sausage is heated through and is begining to brown.
- While the vegetable and sausage mixture cooks, beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Add the cumin and chili powder to the mixture in the skillet and cook for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add the beaten eggs to the skillet and gently stir to evenly distribrute all of the sausage and vegetables.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake until the eggs are set in the middle, about 10 minutes.
Looking for more inspiration? Here are some more recipes you might like:
- Autumn Veggie Tray Bake
- Cajun Cauliflower Rice
- Egg Roll in a Bowl with Yum Yum Sauce
- Sweet Potato Hash with Sausage
Don’t lose this recipe! Click the Pinterest button below and add this post to your Easy Recipes board.