This harvest salad recipe combines Trader Joe’s ingredients into a beautiful vegetarian salad, perfect for holidays or every day.Jump to Recipe
Once the temperatures drop, I have zero interest in cold salads. I want my vegetables cooked and warm, please and thank you. I mean, who wants to eat something cold when you’re already cold?
That’s why this salad recipe goes on repeat every winter. The Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch mix is lightly sauteed before cranberries and pecans are added. While everything is still warm, the whole thing is dressed with lemon juice and then the salad is served immediately.
This beautiful harvest salad recipe can be served at any meal alongside your favorite protein. But this vegetarian salad is anything but mundane. It is just as much at home on your Thanksgiving or holiday table.
What You’ll Need for Warm Harvest Crunch Salad
- 1 Bag of Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch
- 1 Package of Orange Flavor Dried Cranberries
- 1 Bag of Raw Pecan Pieces
- 1 Lemon (You’ll Only Need Half)
- Olive Oil
- Because this harvest salad is already wilted from cooking, it can be made ahead of time and refrigerated. When you’re ready to eat, either let it come to room temperature or quickly reheat it in the microwave or on the stove-top. Just keep in mind that it’s best eaten freshly cooked.
- Be sure to wait until the Cruciferous Crunch has wilted a bit before adding salt. The greens will shrink a good amount during cooking and you want to be sure you don’t over-salt the dish.
- Before you cut it, roll your lemon on your cutting board while pressing down on it. This helps to release all of the juice when you squeeze it.
Warm Harvest Salad with Cranberries and Pecans
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Bag Trader Joe's Cruciferous Crunch
- ⅓ Cup Orange Flavored Dried Cranberries
- ⅓ Cup Pecan Pieces
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the Cruciferous Crunch. Saute until bright green and slightly wilted.
- Add the pecans and cranberries and saute for 1 minute or until they are warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss with the lemon juice.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Don’t lose this recipe! Click the Pinterest button below and save this recipe to your Salad Recipes or Side Dish Recipes board.